Be Uplifted Inc. Breast Cancer Charity
Who are be Uplifted?
- Our motto is “people not research.”
- Our focus is on local Brisbane people on their breast cancer journey and providing immediate practical and financial support to these individuals and their families.
- All donations go directly to support local Brisbane people on a breast cancer journey.
- Be Uplifted Inc is a registered charity that provides practical support and financial assistance for real life costs encountered by breast cancer patients and survivors in our local Brisbane community.
What Be Uplifted Inc do?
- Be Uplifted Inc is a Brisbane-based breast cancer charity committed to supporting local families during breast cancer treatment. We offer support in both a practical and financial way to local patients undergoing breast cancer treatment at Holy Spirit Hospital Northside, North West Private Hospital, Redcliffe Hospital, Caboolture Private, Northlakes Day Hospital, Prince Charles Hospital
- A group of about 70 volunteers dedicate themselves to fundraising, applying for grants, soliciting donations and doing whatever it takes to assist others meet the costs of our recipients that are on this breast cancer journey.
All of the services and patient programs we offer are aimed at alleviating the unique difficulties or disadvantage faced by breast cancer patients and their families.
The following are some of the support services that Be Uplifted Inc offers to women, men and their families.
We provide a variety of free support services including:
- Counselling services for breast cancer patients and their families
- Hairdressing services, providing chemo patients with a free haircut when they are losing their hair
- House cleaning
- “We Care” Hampers
- Food deliveries
- Delivering Christmas Hampers to oncology wards at Christmas
- Providing Drain Bags to local hospitals for lumpectomy and mastectomy patients
- Our Crocheted Knockers
- Breast Cancer resources and information
- Arranging transport to treatment such as chemotherapy and radiation
Every December, Be Uplifted Inc visits the oncology wards of partner hospitals and delivers Christmas hampers to breast cancer patients. As well as our regular support services, we offer individual financial assistance and help pay for very practical everyday items like medications, medical tests, food, electricity and phone bills, so that families can still be in touch and supportive even if it’s from a long distance.
- Fundraise all year round to raise funds to enable our good work in Brisbane community to continue;
- Hold calendar events year round to raise funds to enable our good work in Brisbane community to continue;
- Manage two charity Op Shops: Zillmere and Strathpine locations, to raise fundraising dollars. Donations received at our Zillmere store year round;
- Sell handmade quilted goods online made by our talented craft, quilting and sewing Volunteers;
- Receive gratefully, donations online to assist our breast cancer recipients;
- Provide guest speakers – Wendy Paterson, Co – Founder at any event to build awareness of breast cancer and the charities work;
Where to find us?
Head Office: B1/ 194 Zillmere Road, Boondall QLD 4034. Zillmere Charity Op Shop also at this address.
Phone: 07 3633 0752
Charity Op Shop Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CharityOpShops
Strathpine Charity Op Shop: 514 Gympie Road Strathpine QLD 4500. Phone: 0492 904 098.
Visit their website at http://beuplifted.org.au