Target Outreach Project for Caboolture and Region
Queenslanders with Disability Network (QDN) and our project partners QCOSS and ADA Australia are helping more eligible Queenslanders with disability join the NDIS and experience the benefits of the scheme through the NDIS Targeted Outreach Project.
The NDIS Targeted Outreach Project is helping people with disability to:
- understand the supports the NDIS can provide to them, and
- access free and practical individual support to apply for and join the NDIS through regional Assessment and Referral (ART) teams. Note: Referrals made to ART directly through QDN and its project partners (QCOSS and ADA) will be prioritised.
Access and Referral Team (ART) has small multi-disciplinary teams in the Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors who provide intensive case management to support people with disability through the NDIS access process from start to finish. NDIS application support available includes:
- collecting and preparing information
- filling out and sending NDIS forms
- discussing disability related needs with doctors and specialists
- providing functional assessments where needed
- keeping track of the NDIS access request until the process is finished
Project referral and contact information:
QDN resources: A full list of resources including: QDN’s Easy English COVID-19 Information, Person-Centred Emergency Preparedness Planning Tool, GP Toolkit, Patient Information Booklet and much more can be found here. To learn more about our QDN membership options for individuals and services CLICK HERE!
Note: The NDIS Targeted Outreach Project is part of the Disability Connect and Outreach Program, being delivered through the Queensland Government, Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors, in collaboration with the Commonwealth Government, until June 2022. Queenslanders with Disability Network (QDN) is working on the Project in partnership with Queensland Council of Social Services (QCOSS), and Aged and Disability Advocacy (ADA) Australia.