Severe Thunderstorm Warning Sunday December 1 Cancelled
for DAMAGING WINDS and LARGE HAILSTONES
For people in parts of Wide Bay and Burnett, Darling Downs and Granite Belt and Southeast Coast Forecast Districts.
Issued at 1:40 pm Sunday, 1 December 2019.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Gold Coast, Brisbane, Kingaroy, Caboolture, Coolangatta and Ipswich.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.