Public Transport New Years Eve Services
New Year's Eve - South East Queensland
- Date and times:
Tuesday 31 December
Celebrate New Year's Eve this year by treating yourself to additional buses, trains and ferries. Plan your journey today to find out which routes can get you to and from the action.
Travel is FREE on bus, train and ferry services from 7.45pm on New Year's Eve until 5.30am on New Year's Day.
This excludes Logan DRT and Airtrain services.
Inbound New Year's Eve shuttles will run approximately every 10 minutes between 5.30pm and 11.30pm, leaving from:
- Event Shuttle 4 - all stops via Old Cleveland Rd and busway, then express from Gabba to Ann Street
- Event Shuttle 6 - all stops and busway stations from Chermside to Woolloongabba
- Event Shuttle 9 - all busway stations from Eight Mile Plains to Buranda, then express to Ann Street
Shuttles will run return from 8.40pm to 1.30am in the opposite direction.
In addition to these shuttles, hundreds of additional BUZ services will operate from 8.40pm to 1.40am.
Additional trains will leave South Brisbane and Roma Street stations from 8.30pm through to the early morning.
Plan your journey today to see which trains can get you to and from the event.
If you're viewing the fireworks from south of the river, South Brisbane station is the best way to and from your event.
On New Year's Eve, ferries will run to a normal weekday timetable with the following exceptions:
- CityCats will run approximately every 15 minutes until 1.30am.
- The CityHopper and Kangaroo Point Cross River Ferry will operate extra services until approximately 2am.
- QUT Gardens Point ferry terminal will close from 3pm until first service Tuesday 1 January.
- The firework displays may delay some ferry services.