Severe Thunderstorm Warning 6 Sunday 2019-11-17 Now Cancelled
Severe Thunderstorm Warning - Southeast Queensland
for DAMAGING WINDS and LARGE HAILSTONES
For people in parts of Logan, Gold Coast and Redland City Council Areas.
Issued at 2:34 pm Sunday, 17 November 2019.
Severe storm with large hail approaching the northern Gold Coast.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 2:30 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Beenleigh, Coomera and Hope Island. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east. They are forecast to affect Southport, South Stradbroke Island, Jacobs Well and mouth of the Logan River by 3:00 pm.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.
Hail to golf ball size has been reported with this storm.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.