What to do in the Moreton Bay Region during school holidays starts with strawberries & finishes with activities
Looking for some school holiday fun that the whole family can enjoy.
Look no further and head on down to Oasis Berries Farm and pick your own super sweet Strawberries.
Open 7 days from 7am till 5pm.
Member for Pumicestone Simone Wilson, was out and about this morning checking out the produce.
Still recovering from last year, all strawberry farms are looking forward to a brighter spring in the Moreton Bay Region for everyone to enjoy so consider supporting your local fruit farm today.
Then there are 55 school holiday activities that are available right around the Moreton Bay Region.
School’s out! Keep the kids entertained this September school holidays with these 55 free or low-cost council activities across the Moreton Bay Region.
- Enjoy a night of free family fun with a special screening of the INCREDIBLES 2 (PG) at the Kallangur Movie Under the Stars.
- Drop into one of council’s Environment Centres and discover the animals and plants who call the Moreton Bay Region home.
- Learn the sport growing in popularity with free come and try Baseball sessions tailored for ages 5-11 years.
- Book your seat at the Queensland Premiere of Flashdance - The Musical at Redcliffe Entertainment Centre.
- Learn the art of upcycling and turn trash into art, craft, or clothing at the Bribie Island Seaside Museum’s free Eco Craft workshops.
- Grab your favourite teddy and pack a picnic blanket for the free North Lakes Teddy Bears’ Picnic.
- Learn how to dig, spike and serve at the free come and try Beach Volleyball sessions tailored for ages 10-17 years.
- Experience the very best of Australian contemporary art at the Redcliffe Art Gallery’s 15 Artists exhibition.
- Sharpen you cricket skills with come and try Cricket mini-activities and develop batting, bowling and fielding abilities for ages 5-11 years.
- Play on a giant felt board in The Imaginarium, a free interactive kids space at Redcliffe Museum.
- Introduce yourself to the popular sport of Netball with a free, fun, social program for kids aged 5-11 years.
- Take a self-guided tour through Moreton Bay Region’s unique historic sites and landmarks on a range of heritage trails.
- Help create a living installation using engineering concepts and artistic finesse to build a cardboard utopia complete with bridges, skyscrapers and public transport.
- Score a try and learn how to evade, pursue, ball handle and catch in a free social game of Rugby Union for ages 5-11 years.
- From hairy monster friends to beautiful bugs, weaving and so much more - get crafting at Pine Rivers Art Gallery’s free art and craft activities.
- Empower your child with a free Self Defence class with drills and techniques for ages 3-11 years.
- Take on the Extreme Challenge Course and climb a pole, jump off to hit a buoy and conquer Jacob's Ladder.
- Enjoy low sensory hour at the Redcliffe Museum on the first of every month.
- BYO bike to a Freestyle BMX Clinic and develop your riding skills with experienced coaches. Take it up a level and sign up for an introduction to BMX Racing.
- Celebrate our region’s food culture and tempt your tastebuds at the Pine Rivers Heritage Museum Family Fun Day as part of the On the Menu exhibition.
- Improve your golf swing, chipping and putting with one of the region's top golf professionals at a free Golf Coaching clinic.
- Develop your contemporary art skills with creative school holiday workshops at Redcliffe Art Gallery.
- Experience a new kind of footy with a free Get to Know Gridiron session covering the basic skills of the game.
- Learn about Aboriginal culture in the Moreton Bay Region and experience storytelling of Gubbi Gubbi people.
- Grow your confidence and motor skills with an hour of Gymnastics fun.
- Enjoy a free special storytime in the Redcliffe Art Gallery as part of the 15 Artists exhibition.
- Create your own Bribie Rock complete with googly eyes and feathered hair at the Bribie Island Seaside Museum’s free Bribie rocks creation station.
- Grab the board and hit one of council’s Skate Parks.
- Enjoy a relaxing paddle as you explore the stunning scenery of Elimbah Creek in a Kayak Adventure for ages 12-17 years.
- Draw your own portrait or complete a collage of words that are uniquely you in Redcliffe Art Gallery’s self-paced identity activity.
- Create a superhero badge that features your unique superhero power at the superhero softies workshop.
- Make a fashion statement decorating a ‘trashion gown’ made from recycled plastic and paper at the Bribie Island Seaside Museum Treasure and Trashion Fashion workshop.
- Join Sprig and Magnolia as they travel from their village of Littleleaf with a suitcase of wondrous, whimsical and fantastic stories to share in The Collectors.
- Learn yoga, storytelling and mindfulness at a Very Hungry Caterpillar Yoga class.
- Get your feet off the ground and learn the basics of balance and focus in the Low Ropes and Mid Challenge course.
- Take home the UNO crown at The Great UNO challenge in North Lakes Library.
- Create a beautiful artwork using cyanotype photographic print process at a Cyanotype Printing workshop.
- Write a sensational song with award-winning songwriter and composer Donna Dyson.
- Meet Bumpy the Tasmanian wombat and learn more about these amazing marsupials.
- Challenge other trainers to Pokémon battles on the first Saturday of every month.
- Join Jinibara artist and traditional custodian, Jason Murphy, for a free workshop making unique stamps and applying them to bright colour backings.
- Try our caterpillar bean bag toss, jigsaw puzzles, handprint painting, caterpillar bingo, musical statues and so much more at a Very Hungry Caterpillar party.
- Learn about weird and wonderful insects while examining preserved insects or holding live ones at an Amazing Insects activity.
- Accio everyone to the Harry Potter Games where you can explore magical challenges and complete spellbinding games.
- Bring your friends and enjoy an afternoon of Star Wars Adventure and find out if Darth Vader or the Jedi Order will reign supreme.
- Make a LEGO stop motion animation using our iPads and LEGO bricks.
- Share your passion for Anime with fellow fans at the Strathpine Anime night with quizzes, games and craft activities.
- Become a virtual astronaut with Google Expedition Virtual Reality and explore stars, planets and galaxies.
- Drop into the three-day Show Horse Council Queensland 2019 Horse of the Year event at the Queensland State Equestrian Centre.
- Decorate a butterfly cake in the Fantasy Cake Frosting workshop.
- Let your curiosity lead you into our weird and disgusting Exploratorium where you can watch mad scientists making repulsive discoveries in the gross laboratory.
- Try out baseball, drumming or archery and get up and active with the Healthy and Active Moreton Active Holidays program.
- Find your local sporting facilities, library, park, garden, gallery or museum using our My Area interactive map.
- Grab your board and learn a new set of skills in a free Skateboard Clinic for ages 5-17 years.
- Join the Moreton Bay Table Tennis Club for free coaching and a fun game of table tennis.
There’s so much more to see and do across the region - view a full list of events on our Libraries, Galleries and Museums, Queensland State Equestrian Centre, Redcliffe Entertainment Centre, or Community events calendar.