Road Closures, public transport and whats open on ANZAC Day 2019
Road Closures for ANZAC Day 2019 in the Moreton Bay Region
In conjunction with Anzac Day commemorations, Queensland Police Service has approved the following temporary road closures:
BEACHMERE from 6:00 AM to 7:30 AM
- Moreton Terrace (between Main Street and Sandpiper Street)
BRIBIE ISLAND from 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM
- Toorbul Street (between South Esplanade and Bribie Island RSL Club)
BURPENGARY from 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM
- Station Road (between North Shore Drive and Progress Road)
- Progress Road (between Station Road and cul-de-sac)
CABOOLTURE from 4:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- King Street (between Morayfield Road and Riverview Street)
- Beerburrum Road (between King Street and Bertha Street)
- James Street (between Beerburrum Road and Matthew Terrace)
- Hasking Street (between Beerburrum Road and Multi-story car park entry)
- Russell Street (between King Street and cul-de-sac)
DECEPTION BAY from 5:30 AM to 7:00 AM
- Bayview Terrace (between Captain Cook Parade and Leandi Drive)
KALLANGUR from 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM
- Anzac Avenue (between Old Gympie Road and Duffield Road)
- Storey Road, between Old Gympie Road and the Kallangur Plaza car park entry (located towards School Road), will be closed periodically during this time
REDCLIFFE from 12:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Marine Parade, Redcliffe Parade and Prince Edward Parade (from Dix Street to Klingner Road)
- Anzac Avenue (from Sutton Street to Redcliffe Parade)
- Baker Street (from Sutton Street to Redcliffe Parade)
- Humpybong Esplanade (from Sutton Street to Redcliffe Parade)
- Car park on the corner of Humpybong Esplanade, Sutton Street and Redcliffe Parade
Free parking and shuttle bus from Redcliffe Showgrounds and Kippa-Ring Train Station.
TOORBUL from 7:00 AM to 8:30 AM
- The Esplanade (between Freeman Road and First Avenue)
- First Avenue (between The Esplanade and Freeman Road)
WOODFORD from 3:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Archer Street (Service Road) (between George Street and Margaret Street)
- Archer Street, north of the intersection with George Street (between George Street and the driveway into the shopping centre car park)
- George Street (between Archer Street and shopping centre car park)
Traffic controllers and diversions will be in place. Motorists should exercise caution and observe all road closures. Road closures are subject to change.
Public Transport in South East Queensland
On Anzac Day, Thursday 25 April, additional services will operate for customers attending Anzac Day ceremonies in Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
See our ANZAC Day service notice for public holiday travel information.
Free travel to and from ANZAC Day ceremonies in South East Queensland, will be provided to the following people:
- current serving Australian Defence Force personnel in uniform
- veterans in uniform or wearing service medals
- veterans’ spouses and family members wearing service medals
- children participating in official proceedings wearing a full, official uniform representing Scouting, Girl-Guide or military associations.
Transport services will change for the Anzac Day public holiday.
Most services will operate to a Sunday timetable.
If you're heading out early for the Brisbane City or Gold Coast dawn ceremonies, extra services will be running.
There will also be temporary bus stop changes in Brisbane City due to Anzac Day parade.
Please plan your travel in advance to avoid delays.
Shopping shopping centres are closed.
Cinemas, amusement parks and sporting events are not permitted to open until 1:30pm.
Independent retailers are not permitted to open until after 1pm except if they are predominantly food and/or grocery store, which can trade at normal hours. Make sure to double check your local stores as trading hours will vary.
Major supermarkets will be closed including Coles, Woolworths and Aldi.