QLD Aged Care Entrepreneur Rewrites Aged Care, Wins Queensland Telstra Business Woman of the Year
The spotlight is harsh on Australia’s Aged Care industry and Natasha Chadwick is shining new light with her work, reinventing Aged Care as we know it.
Last night, Natasha took home the 2019 Telstra Queensland Business Woman of the Year as well as the Medium and Large Business Award for the World’s First Microtown™, located in Bellmere, Queensland.
Now in its 24th year, the Telstra Business Women’s Awards celebrates women who have challenged the status quo and are redefining business by forging their own unique approach to achieve success.
Natasha is now shortlisted for Telstra’s National Business Woman of the Year Award, to be announced 16 May.
After more than two decades in the Aged Care industry, Natasha believes Australia’s aged care model needs an innovative transformation and a people first approach.
Natasha opened the doors to NewDirection Care, a world’s first diagnosis-inclusive Microtown™ residential community for the elderly and those living with younger onset dementia and complex care needs.
Shattering what we know as the traditional Aged Care model, Natasha’s mission is to invent an alternative to traditionally institutionalised aged care in Australia.
NewDirection Care will transform the industry, operating around intrinsic human values, encouraging inclusiveness and freedom, while creating the start of a global movement to a new way of caring for our elderly.
Highlighting some key points for Natasha is:
- The need for change in Australia’s Aged Care
- Leadership – how Natasha build a world’s first concept in Australia
- Entrepreneurship – 20 years in Aged Care
- Why Australia’s Aged Care needs a people’s first approach
- Dementia and Younger Onset Dementia – her experience in helping people live with this rising disease and how Aged Care needs to provide for the increasing demand
- Innovation in Aged Care – why an all-inclusive community living arrangement is the key for quality of life