Contained : Kingaroy bushfire Friday August 17
KINGAROY – bushfire at as 9.45am Sat 18 Aug
QFES crews are on scene at a bushfire burning to the east of Schellbachs Road, Kingaroy.
The fire is burning within containment lines and there is no threat to property at this time.
Smoke may affect the area. If affected, residents are advised to close windows and doors.
Those suffering from a respiratory condition should keep their medications close by.
Motorists are advised to drive with caution and to conditions as smoke can decrease visibility on the road.
If residents are concerned their property is under threat they are advised to call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
Earlier: STAY INFORMED: Kingaroy bushfire as at 5.10pm Fri 17 Aug
Bushfire warning level: ADVICE
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) advises there is a bushfire in Kingaroy.
You need to keep up to date and decide what actions you will take if the situation changes.
Currently as at 5.10pm on 17 August a bushfire is burning to the east of Schellbachs Road, Kingaroy.
People in the area will be affected by smoke, which will reduce visibility and air quality.
Properties are not under direct threat at this time. Call Triple Zero (000) immediately if you believe you or your property is under threat.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
• Listen to your local radio station or visit the Rural Fire Service (RFS) website for regular updates.
• If you have a bushfire survival plan, refer to it now and be ready to follow it.
• If you do not have a bushfire survival plan, or if your plan is to leave, identify where you will go if the situation changes.
• Close windows and doors to minimise smoke exposure.
• If you suffer from a respiratory condition, keep your medication close by.
• Drive with caution in low visibility conditions.
• Contact your neighbours to see if they need help preparing for the bushfire.
• Consider finding your essential items (e.g., identification documents, prescription medication, food and water, and protective clothing such as a long-sleeved cotton shirt and trousers, and boots) in case you need to leave.
• Consider what you will do to protect your pets and livestock.
• Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
• Advise family and friends of your intended actions if the situation changes.
KEEP UP TO DATE BY:
• Following QFES on Facebook (@QldFireandRescueService) and Twitter (@QldFES)
• Staying tuned to your local radio station. Find your local ABC radio station at https://radio.abc.net.au/help/offline and your local commercial radio station at http://www.commercialradio.com.au/find-a-station/queensland;
• Visiting the Rural Fire Service (RFS) website at www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au/map
• For bushfire preparation tips, visit the RFS website: www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au/BushFire_Safety
• For information about road closures, call 13 19 40 or visit www.qldtraffic.qld.gov.au
The next update will be provided when the situation changes.