Glass House Groups scoop the pool in the latest funding announcement
Member for Glass House, Andrew Powell has welcomed a recent announcement that will provide funding to many worthy community groups in the Glass House electorate.
Mr Powell has reported that eleven groups will share in just over $279,000 through Round 89 of the Gambling Community Benefit Fund to help them with the purchase of necessary equipment, to upgrade facilities or perform beautification projects.
“We know our community groups face a constant struggle to access funds to keep them viable so these sorts of funding injections really go a long way to helping them survive.
“A lot of the recipients in Glass House are using the funds to upgrade their facilities or install new fittings which will not only have a positive effect on their current members but also go a long way to attracting new membership.
“All of these community groups are run by volunteers and the application process is not an easy one to navigate so I congratulate those who have put in the effort and been successful this time around.
List of Glass House recipients in Round 89 includes -
- Caboolture Shire Pony and Hack Club – install fencing
- Miss Piggy’s Guinea Pig Lair Inc – build shelter and cages
- Palmwoods Community Kindergarten and Pre-School Assoc Inc – install shutters and upgrade flooring
- Wamuran Netball Club Inc – upgrade netball courts
- RSL Glasshouse Country – install Solar System
- Maleny District Guides – upgrade building
- Maleny and District Men’s Shed Inc – construct shed
- Woodford lions Club Inc – beautify town water tower
- Celebrate Beerwah Inc – purchase shipping container
- Woodford and District Bowls Club Inc – upgrade toilet facilities and clubhouse
- Murrumba Pipes and Drums Society Inc – purchase equipment