Australia Votes 2019 : Australian Electoral Commission - Enrole to vote
If you are an Australian citizen aged 18 years or older you are required to vote in the federal election.
You must be correctly enrolled by 8pm local time Thursday 18 April 2019. To enrol, complete the online form below. If you are already enrolled but need to update your details, you can update your name or update your address online, but you must do so before 8pm Thursday 18 April 2019.
It is compulsory by law for all eligible Australian citizens to enrol and vote in federal elections, by-elections and referendums.
- you are an Australian citizen, or eligible British subject,
- aged 18 years and over, and
- have lived at your address for at least one month.
If you are 16 or 17 you can enrol now so when you turn 18 you'll be able to vote.
You Will Need:
- your driver's licence, or
- Australian passport number, or
- have someone who is enrolled confirm your identity.
18+ or Proof of Age cards are not accepted.
Special Enrolment Options
There are special enrolment forms and/or information for:
- Silent electors
- General postal voters
- New citizens
- People with no fixed address
(homeless, seasonal workers or travellers around Australia with no address to return to)
- Long-term travellers within Australia
(who will return to their permanent enrolled address)
- Overseas residents or going overseas
- People physically incapable of signing
- Norfolk Island electors
- Workers in Antarctica
- People with disability
Overseas or going overseas? If you are not enrolled and going overseas for a short period use this form to enrol. In all other circumstances see information on going overseas.
Information about this online session will be stored with your application, including the IP address of your device. This information may be used by the AEC for analytical purposes including the detection of fraud.
* When you finish enrolling online, don't forget to close your browser to protect your privacy.
Already enrolled online? Check the status using the receipt number provided.
Other Ways To Enrole