- This event has passed.
Better Outcomes Project Skilling Queenslanders for Work (Retail & Cafe Operations) from Better Together Starts January 28
The Better Outcomes Program
* Certificate II in Retail Services & Café Operations
* Barista skills and experience, including latte art lessons
* Responsible Service of Alcohol license
Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative – which is government-funded. The course will cost you $0.
Start Date is Thursday 28 January 2021 The course is run at Designer Life – 71 King Street in Caboolture.
Attendance is two and a half days a week
Option A: Monday 8:30am to 12:30pm, Tuesday & Wednesday 9am to 4pm
Option B: Monday 1pm to 5pm, Thursday & Friday 9am to 4pm
The 14-week course involves lots of practical work serving real customers.
Includes 30 hours of work experience, in a business that you are interested to work in.
When you prove yourself to be a good employee during your work experience, then potentially you will get offered a job there too.
Our Lifestyle Coaches also run professional and personal development workshops, which cover topics like:
• Resume and cover letter writing
• Accessing the hidden job market
• Tips and tricks of applying for jobs online
• Interview techniques (including body language)
• Financial literacy
• Building resilience
• How to keep your job
• How to cope with anxiety in the workplace
• How to work effectively with different personality types
You will also get a private session with a professional Personal Stylist who will provide you with a smart outfit that you can use at your job interviews including clothes, shoes, jackets, accessories, & cosmetics/toiletries.
We can also supply clothes that you may need for work experience or when you secure a job.
The course is very ‘hands-on’ and a lot of fun.
We host events like the ‘Coffee & Cake’ practical, which will help you put into practice your newly acquired retail and hospitality skills The Better Outcomes Program has been running for 4 years and our successful employment rate is 70%.
Industry visits to Costco and a local boutique café are also built into the course.
Guest speakers including local employers come and chat to you.
To be eligible to get this course at NO COST to you, you only need a few things:
1) be an Australian or a New Zealand resident
2) be unemployed for last 6 months OR work less than 25 hours p/week for last 6 months
3) not be enrolled at any another educational facility
4) not have done a Skilling Queenslanders for Work program before.
If you have already done other Certificates/Qualifications – this will not matter.
Upon completion of this course, you will be eligible for a salary incentive – where, under certain conditions, the government will subsidise up to $20,000 of your first years’ wages.
This will go a long way to helping you to secure employment.
Check out our Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/thebetteroutcomesprogram/
You can enrol for this course now Call Kate on 0449 696 558 if you have any questions.
Or you can email email@example.com to confirm that you are eligible and you would like the enrolment forms emailed through to you.