Thunderstorm Warnings Cancelled Saturday 3 December
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING - SOUTHEAST QUEENSLAND
for DAMAGING WINDS and HEAVY RAINFALL
For people in parts of the Gympie and South Burnett Council Areas. No Longer affecting Moreton Bay Region
Issued at 8:51 pm Saturday, 3 December 2016.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 8:55 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near the area north of Goomeri and the area northeast of Lake Boondooma. These thunderstorms are moving towards the northeast. They are forecast to affect the area south of Biggenden by 9:25 pm.
Damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 9:55 pm.
A more general severe thunderstorm warning is also current for parts of the Wide Bay and Burnett district.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 219. The Bureau and Queensland Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.