- Respect Day – Bringing Youth People Together Through Sport, Deception Bay Sports Field – 16 March 2017
Sports day for young people attending flexible learning centres, focusing on Harmony Day, Close the Gap and Say No To Bullying messaging. Hosted by Deception Bay Flexible Learning Centre.
- ‘Moving Together – Strength in Harmony’, Redcliffe Jetty – 19 March
Experienced cultural dancers will encourage attendees to learn and share different cultural dances. Hosted by One Salt Ocean.
- Morning Tea for Harmony, Deception Bay Shopping Centre – 21 March
Morning tea hosted by Deception Bay Community Youth Program, featuring singing by Pasifika Families, traditional Filipino dance, children’s multicultural crafts, Tai Chi demonstration, Thai foot massages, exhibition of flags and storytelling.
- Multicultural Women’s Celebration, Caboolture Memorial Hall – 21 March
An event hosted by Centre Against Domestic Violence encouraging multicultural women and their children to share their culture through traditional food, dress and music.
- West African music culture workshop, Caboolture Neighbourhood Centre – 23 March
Workshop of West African music culture, with a mix of drumming, dancing and singing, hosted by Caboolture Neighbourhood Centre.
- Afternoon Tea in Harmony, Encircle Redcliffe Neighbourhood Centre – 21 March
Afternoon tea, with participants encouraged to bring a plate of traditional food. Will also include storytelling, cultural displays and performances.
- Harmony Day BBQ, Suttons Beach – 22 March
Harmony Day themed community BBQ, hosted by Aftercare, showcasing international foods and a diverse range of musicians.