Storms Friday March 15 in the Moreton Bay Region Expired
Severe Thunderstorm Warning - Southeast Queensland
for HEAVY RAINFALL
For people in parts of Sunshine Coast Council Area.
Issued at 8:04 pm Friday, 15 March 2019.
Heavy rainfall continuing about the Sunshine Coast.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 7:55 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Maroochydore and Caloundra. These thunderstorms are moving slowly towards the east. They are forecast to affect waters off Caloundra and waters off Maroochydore by 8:30 pm.
Heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding is likely.
73mm fell in the last hour at Maroochydore.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.