Storm Warnings for Thursday March 14 Expired
Severe Thunderstorm Warning - Southeast Queensland for DAMAGING WINDS and HEAVY RAINFALL
For people in Ipswich, Logan and parts of Gympie, Somerset, Scenic Rim, South Burnett, Lockyer Valley, Gold Coast, Redland City and Brisbane City Council Areas.
Issued at 8:43 pm Thursday, 14 March 2019.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 8:40 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Beaudesert, Lake Boondooma and Rosevale. These thunderstorms are moving towards the north to northeast. They are forecast to affect Laidley, Proston and Hatton Vale by 9:15 pm and Beenleigh, Logan City and Gatton by 9:45 pm.
Damaging winds and heavy rainfall, locally intense, that may lead to flash flooding are likely.
Nindooinbah (SE of Beaudesert) 20mm
Nindooinbah (SE of Beaudesert) 44mm
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.